Do you ever wonder why you may need braces? The truth is that braces can do wonders for your teeth, affecting the state of your oral health for the rest of your life. Listed below are just some of the amazing advantages you can expect from an orthodontic braces treatment:
– Braces won’t just straighten your teeth; they’ll fix the alignment of your jaw too.
– Straight teeth don’t just look better when you smile, but they are easier to clean and are less likely to cause dental issues later in life, such as tooth decay and gum disease.
– General oral skills like speaking and chewing food are easier to achieve with a smile straightened by braces.
– The effect of braces on your teeth can improve your self-confidence and help you smile more, brightening others’ day.
– Braces can help relieve malocclusions that might otherwise contribute to oral accidents.
– Straight teeth can lower the risk of damage associated with bruxism or TMJ disorders.
Now that you have a glimpse into why braces may be beneficial for your teeth, you can learn more by scheduling a consultation or oral exam with Dr. James Karhohs and our team in Grand Rapids, Michigan, please contact us at 616-773-2366. We look forward to helping you soon!