Many people have questions about orthodontics. Dr. James Karhohs has provided this list of the top 10 things you need to know about orthodontics at our practice. If you have further questions, and to make your appointment with our experienced orthodontist in Grand Rapids, Michigan, please call us at 616-784-4300. We love to educate our patients about orthodontics so that they understand their current oral condition and what can be done to provide them with the best working bite and smile possible, and we will be happy to provide you with additional information.
- Orthodontics does far more than just straightening your teeth. Our passion is to create a smile which increases your confidence and gives you life-long advantages and opportunism. We focus on the cornerstones of airway help, centric relation, soft tissue management, and non-surgical treatment alternatives to give you comprehensive care that improves your oral and your overall health.
- Trusting your orthodontic care to a licensed orthodontic specialist gives you many additional benefits and great peace of mind. While many general dentists can perform orthodontic procedures, an orthodontic specialist has received several years of additional training in order to ensure favorable results and provide comprehensive care. James Karhohs offers complimentary consultations to guarantee that you have the knowledge you need to make an informed decision and be reassured with your final decision.
- The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that all children receive an orthodontic evaluation by age 7. By this age, our experienced orthodontist can tell if any developmental issues will cause problems and determine if and when your child will require treatment. Treatments provided earlier are often shorter and less painful, and they can prevent further problems in the future.
- Our office makes orthodontic care as affordable as possible. Our initial consultations are complimentary, and we offer many financial options to make your treatment affordable. Please see our Financial Options page for more information. [Developer’s note: link the Financial Options words to that page.]
- Our practice accepts many insurances, and we are experts at working with your plan to maximize your benefits.
- James Karhohs graduated from the University of Michigan, where he also completed his specialty training in orthodontics. He has practiced in the Grand Rapids, Michigan, area for over 30 years, and is a Board-Certified Orthodontist.
- Orthodontists are experts in dental and facial development. Following dental school, they complete 2-3 years of specialty training to master the physics of tooth movement and understand the biology of facial development and guidance. Choosing an orthodontist who is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists is an assurance that you have chosen a specialist with advanced training and an exclusive focus in orthodontics.
- Orthodontic treatment is available for patients of all ages! About 25% of the patients treated at our office are adults. James Karhohs offers a variety of treatments and products that are convenient for the busy lifestyle, needs, and desires of adults.
- Orthodontics can be fun. Our practice offers a variety of options, from traditional braces to ceramic braces, and colored bands that children can choose and change at each visit.
- When choosing an orthodontic office, ask yourself a few important questions:
- Who addresses the details for you both professionally and in support service?
- What is the atmosphere like at the office?
- Were you treated the way you would choose to be treated?
- Did you leave with an understanding of the process?
We are proud to service our neighbors in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and the surrounding areas of Allendale, Belding, Comstock Park, Coopersville, Grandville, Greenville, Jenison, Kent City, Marne, Rockford, Sparta, and Standale, Michigan. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. James Karhohs and learn more about orthodontics.